Enrich your patient’s tube feeding regimen with the convenience and clinically proven medical benefits of Encala
Encala is a medical food that can be added to your patient’s tube feeding formula.
- Added to tube feed formula
- Contains Essential Fatty Acids
Add Encala for your patients on tube feeding looking to fortify their regimen with highly absorbable long chain fats and enhance caloric intake:
- Encala is rich in essential fatty acids and choline, and is clinically proven to increase plasma levels of essential fatty acids, choline and fat soluble vitamins.1
- Encala enables fat and nutrient absorption without the need for lipase or bile acids.
- Adding healthy fats to your patient’s regimen with Encala can improve their EFA status.1
These patients may benefit from including Encala in their oral regimen:
- Stallings VA, Tindall AM, Mascarenhas MR, Maqbool A, Schall JI. Improved residual fat malabsorption and growth in children with cystic fibrosis treated with a novel oral structured lipid supplement: a randomized controlled trial. PLoS One. 2020;15(5):e0232685. View the study.
- Kalivianakis, Minich, Bijleveld, et al., Fat malabsorption in cystic fibrosis patients receiving enzyme replacement therapy is due to impaired intestinal uptake of long-chain fatty acids, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 69, Issue 1, January 1999, Pages 127–134. View the study.
- Stallings, Schall, Maqbool, et al., Effect of Oral Lipid Matrix Supplement on Fat Absorption in Cystic Fibrosis: A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2016;63(6):676-680. doi:10.1097/MPG.0000000000001213. View the study.
- Woestenenk, Janna W., Cornelis K. van der Ent, and Roderick HJ Houwen. “Pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy and coefficient of fat absorption in children and adolescents with cystic fibrosis.” Journal of pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition 61.3 (2015): 355-360. View the study.