Carrot Cake with Chocolate Frosting
• 2 cups sugar demerara
• 1 cup oil
• 3 eggs
• 3 medium carrots, chopped or grated
• 2 cups gluten-free rice flour or cake mix (you can mix the two if you like)
• 2 tablespoons Encala
• 1 pinch salt
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 2 tablespoons powdered chocolate (I used 100% cocoa) can be any gluten-free and lactose-free
• 1 300ml lactose-free condensed milk
• 1 tablespoon lactose free butter (I used avocado butter)
1. Beat the sugar, oil, eggs and chopped or grated carrots in a blender.
2. Place the gluten-free and lactose-free rice flour or cake mix in a bowl with Encala and a pinch of salt.
3. Pour the cream that was beaten in a blender over the flour and mix with a spoon until the dough is homogeneous, finally mix the baking powder.
4. Place the mixture in a medium rectangular shape or with a hole in the middle, greased with oil and sprinkled with a little of the flour used in the recipe.
5. Place in a preheated oven at 356ºF for about 30 minutes or until it is done, piercing the dough with a fork or toothpick and leave clean.
1. In a pan, mix the condensed milk, chocolate, and butter.
2. Place pan on flame, stirring constantly until it starts to come unstuck from the bottom of the pan. 3. Pour icing over the cake.
You can add 2 tablespoons of coconut flakes, if desired.
If freezing, do not add icing to the cake.
Source: Vandressa Ceolin Salvagni