Enrich your tube feeding regimen with the convenience and clinically proven medical benefits of Encala.
Encala is a medical food that can be added to your tube feeding formula.
- Added to your existing tube feed formula
- Contains Essential Fatty Acids
Do you want to fortify your current tube feeding regimen with highly absorbable long chain fats and enhance your caloric intake?
- Encala is rich in essential fatty acids and choline, and is clinically proven to increase plasma levels of essential fatty acids, choline and fat soluble vitamins.1
- Encala is clinically proven to increase fat absorption, improve BMI and height in only 3 months, and adds healthy calories to your diet.1
- Encala also can improve your GI symptoms which may make you feel better, and improve your appetite.
You may benefit from including Encala in your regimen:
- Stallings VA, Tindall AM, Mascarenhas MR, Maqbool A, Schall JI. Improved residual fat malabsorption and growth in children with cystic fibrosis treated with a novel oral structured lipid supplement: a randomized controlled trial. PLoS One. 2020;15(5):e0232685. View the study.
- Kalivianakis, Minich, Bijleveld, et al., Fat malabsorption in cystic fibrosis patients receiving enzyme replacement therapy is due to impaired intestinal uptake of long-chain fatty acids, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 69, Issue 1, January 1999, Pages 127–134. View the study.
- Stallings, Schall, Maqbool, et al., Effect of Oral Lipid Matrix Supplement on Fat Absorption in Cystic Fibrosis: A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2016;63(6):676-680. doi:10.1097/MPG.0000000000001213. View the study.
- Woestenenk, Janna W., Cornelis K. van der Ent, and Roderick HJ Houwen. “Pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy and coefficient of fat absorption in children and adolescents with cystic fibrosis.” Journal of pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition 61.3 (2015): 355-360. View the study.